Polk State volleyball has 10 incoming players committed to the team for the 2019-20 season.
The new student-athletes are:
- Valentina Bahamon (Santiago de Cali, Colombia)
- Anna Boone (Port Orange, Fla.)
- Milexa Cardona (Kissimmee, Fla.)
- Mariana Donado (Bogota, Colombia)
- Macarena Flores (Santiago de Chile, Chile)
- Manuela Ibarguen (Antioquia, Colombia)
- Nicole Kuchma (Winter Park, Fla.)
- Suared Molina (Barceloneta, PR)
- Amanda Morton (Clermont, Fla.)
- Keren Souza (Belo Horizonte, Brazil)
"We're very excited to start this upcoming season," said Head Coach German Del Valle.
"Right now, our sophomores are right where they need to be. With that, the incoming freshmen bring experience and talent in the game, and we're very excited about that.
"We especially emphasize recruiting kids with character, and we're sure that all of our recruits will be a good fit for our program."
The Eagles start volleyball season Aug. 1.
The 2018 team won the Mid-Florida Conference with a 6-0 record and went to the NJCAA Division 1 Volleyball National Championship in Kansas, finishing seventh out of 16 teams. It marked the fifth consecutive year Polk State went to the national tournament.